Comments & Pics from my 2-stage Flight on 9-17-22

More
1 year 7 months ago #108 by achoward
Terrier-Sandhawk flew on an I-345 to G-60. It went to 2328' and had real-time telemetry. There is a video in the Dropbox folder along with a few interesting stills. This was the first time I used a small separation (BP) charge that worked (versus relying on drag separation which wasn't reliable). However, next time I'll have the sep charge timed closer to firing the sustainer. The G-60 was a red formulation and those are a little harder to light so that also caused a slight delay. From the stills you can see the booster separated before the sustainer fired. The small personal alarms worked well. There is one still where you can see upon ejection that the pin was pulled activating the sonic alarm. Here’s the link to some of the files: [url] www.dropbox.com/sh/j2yp0jd6g70qaam/AAC3u...NUHf7uJFkyzepBa?dl=0 [/url]I included the raw Excel data from the Eggtimer Proton flight computer. I did make one graph showing the velocity of the stages. This matches reasonably well with the RockSim profile. There is one picture showing the booster on the pavement albeit as an orange dot.I also included a GPS trace of my EZI-65-II that went into the corn. It was draped across a number of rows and the Eggfinder really earned its value.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #113 by silgan01
Thanks for sharing Allan! Great flight.

More
1 year 7 months ago #115 by Bryan
Thanks Allen,

Always like to see launch results from our club launches.

More
1 year 7 months ago #117 by mcfrye2014
Awesome data, pics, and video!  I use a RunCam2 - what camera do you use?

More
1 year 7 months ago #119 by achoward
For this flight I used Apogee's spy camera (model U-838) that I got a couple of years ago. I also have a more recent Estes Astro Cam but if the file gets too big (too long on the pad or during recovery), I can only open it with software that results in a low res video. Another camera I have is a Booster Vision from quite a few years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcfrye2014

More
1 year 7 months ago #120 by mcfrye2014
I find your comment on the Astro Cam very interesting. I have never thought about that. Sometimes it's very clear and other times - bluish in tone. I will have to study that.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds