Your Rocket Goals and Plans for 2023

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #145 by achoward
With the new year not that far away, I wanted to ask what rocketry goals/projects you have planned for 2023. For me, as a bargain hunter, I plan to build a couple of 4” LOC fin cans using some close out fins. I plan to work with my son-in-law to bevel the 1/4” fins as he is quite a good woodworker. I may build an upper AF for one or both of these otherwise I’ll use my GL Quantum tube upper AF (with a piston.) I like making stuff interchangeable. I ordered some more Eggtimer products from their holiday sale including the new Quasar. So building those will keep me busy for awhile. Being a fan of the old PML kits, I did order a 4” kit that I’ll probably modify for dual pistons. I did get some extra Quantum tube as LOC is going to phase out of it. I’m pondering doing a custom Quantum tube 2-stager (better decide before Quantum tube is gone). Right now, I’m up to date on most repairs. I do hope to get to a couple of “winter” launches at surrounding area clubs as my full scale all FG Arcas has not flown yet (last winter’s project.)

Allan 
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by achoward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #146 by Bryan
Thank you for starting this topic Alan, I hope others add what they may have planned.

I also have a couple of Eggtimer projects to complete, a full GPS kit and a Proton. I purchased a LOC Nike Zeus and have a Mystic Buzz I would like to complete and get them both up on a K motor next year.

An interesting project I have started as well is my friend, who I have just recently introduced to rocketry building, has offered up a couple of challenges. We both have built the same Estes Nike X kits and have a gentleman’s competition on design and performance using set perimeters. He has also purchased me an Estes Big Daddy and he talked me into putting a 54mm motor mount in it and I’m going to attempt to fly it on a small I motor. Of course I will do detailed sims on it before I fly! ?

I look forward to reading what others have planned.

Bryan

More
1 year 3 months ago #151 by dhabegger1
Lots of 4” Level 1 builds and then hopefully this summer my Level 2 cert.

Also some clean up and reorganizing of my stock/supplies/storage. Its a mess! :)

More
1 year 3 months ago #152 by Scott C
I have a couple goals for 2023.

1st) Work on getting my level 2
2nd) Have my first Supersonic flight at LDRS41
3rd) Fly more lol  I was only able to make it out 1 time this year (CIRFF). Every time a launch came around, either we had family trips/events or the wife made plans for me.

More
1 year 3 months ago #155 by admin
My goal before our first launch is the get the launch system upgraded to the new version. I plan to start this weekend.

Mario

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds