The state of the launch system

More
1 year 11 months ago #48 by admin
OK, I'm ready (finally) to get some other people involved in this. There are three things that I could use help with:
1) Making igniter leads. the new boxes use smaller connectors so they will require all new leads. I'd like to use the new system at the May launch so a lot of leads need to be made.
2) Pre-assembly of the PCBs for the club system. Basically soldering in all the components that won't be transferred from the existing system. Mostly connectors and a few components like resistors.
3) Code cleanup. I've got working code at both ends but none of it is very elegant. I could use some help cleaning it up if there are any C++ programmers available.

If you can help with any of these things send me an email at mperdue (at) indyrockets (dot) org telling me what you can help with and providing your phone number so I can call you to chat about this stuff.

DO NOT POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER HERE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #49 by admin
Well, I think I've got enough leads made for the launch this month. I'll get started on the pre-build of the circuit boards sometime.

More
1 year 10 months ago #68 by admin
I'm carrying on my conversation with myself -- I've got the backplates designed and one of my printers is square enough to print them. I've started that unit printing while I go through the steps of squaring the other printer. When I've printed enough of them I'll start attaching them to the backs of the aluminum panels and then transfer electronics to them. This will be the beginning of updating the club system.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #74 by admin
Based on the test results from 06-19-22 I've decided to start printing the parts I need to update the club's system to the new version. I'll also start pre-assembling circuit boards so they are ready to transfer the existing processors and radios for the upgrade.

I could certainly use some help making igniter leads and/or antennas. I could also use some help with the mechanical assembly once all the parts are completed.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by admin.

More
1 year 9 months ago #76 by achoward
Let me know if I can help.

More
1 year 9 months ago #78 by admin
I'll let you know what I need help with once I get things ready.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds